Kansas City, Missouri
HELLO KANSAS CITY
Kansas City is a busy hub located in in Missouri. This city was founded in 1830s and was incorporated as a Town on 1 June 1850.This city is present at the confluence of Missouri river and the Kansas River and has humid continental climate.
Places to visit:
- Tallgrass Prairie National Reserve– 11,000-acre nature preserve housing a visitor center, accessible hiking trails & historic buildings.
- Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens- Gardens, trails & recreation areas plus educational programs & events on environmental issues.
- Botanica Garden of Wichita- This garden was started in 1987 spread over an area of 17.6 acres
- Nelson Atkins Museum of art- It is a beautiful art museum and has sculptured pieces to see.
- Schlitterbahn Kansas City- Water Park featuring high-speed slides, pools & private cabanas, plus a mile of lazy & rapid rivers.
- Sedgwick County Zoo- Animals organized by continent, plus educational programs for various age groups.
- Monument Rocks- Unique chalk formations found to contain a number of notable 80-million-year-old fossils.
- Union Station Kansas City- This is a historic train station now used for exhibiting the history of Railway in the city.
Places to stay:
- Cedar Crest Lodge- Cozy B&B on 100 acres with themed, country-chic rooms & swanky suites, plus full gourmet breakfast.
- Hotel at Old Town- Historic warehouse turned hotel featuring rooms with period-style furniture & a piano bar along with a free Wi-Fi.
- Kansas Country Inn- It is a very modest hotel offering rooms with microwaves & an outdoor pool, plus free Wi-Fi & breakfast.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Colb- This hotel offers basic rooms, plus a pool & freebies such as parking, Wi-Fi & breakfast.